- $150 million boost for rural broadband – to extend the Rural Broadband Initiative and connect more rural businesses, homes and families.
- Support for free trade agreements and open markets – to boost international trade and economic partnerships, lifting job-creating exports and creating higher incomes.
- Introduce a new gold standard target for cancer treatment – speeding up cancer diagnosis to ensure faster treatment.
- $50 million investment for pain reduction and prevention – more investment in primary care and prevention, $30 million to lift our record numbers of orthopaedic operations, and $14 million to deliver extra general surgeries.
- $11 million for sign language over four years – to support sign language in schools and work with families of newly identified deaf children.
- $40 million funding boost for Aged Care over four years – to increase rest home bed subsidies and boost dementia care across district health boards and communities.
Friday, 29 August 2014
What we've announed this week
I'm hearing on the doorstep that people want to know what it is that National will do if re-elected on 20 September. Here’s just some of what we announced this week: